Monday, September 21, 2009

This isn't AA. But lets think a bit

At the end of the day, you should know whether or not you are a digiaholic. Its as simple as that. Just because you are in a class that makes you think about why you need what you think you need doesn't mean that you should lie to yourself about what you use and how much you use it.

Here try this: My name is _______ and I am a digiaholic.

The first step is admitting you have problem. And if you don't have a problem then congrats. It isn't necessarily a bad thing if your thumbs start to bend into the shape of your blackberry. What makes a difference is how much you think about why you use the things you use.

Why do we feel the need to always need a new whatever? Whats the difference between "Mom I want a new phone" & "Mom I need a new phone?" Is there even a difference? What if there were no new phones? then what would you be begging for at Christmas, What if your current phone is the last phone that you'll ever have? Would you protect it just a little bit more? Would you think twice about leaving your phone in the charger all night?

Mind boggling, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. yes I agree. There is a difference. Being addicted to your ipod just because is what makes you one of those people who have been taken over by digitalization (as we discussed earlier) whereas knowing why you're addicted to your ipod gives you some sort of freedom. You're not trapped inside the world of technology. You can make the choices about your own music and if anything become smarter by continuously analyzing =]

    Lets see - in terms of technology. there arnt many things I have that I don't use. I use my radio, ipod radio, laptop, tv, ofcourse my ipod, and cellphone. I have a watch (that I wear 24/7 - so I'm always using it), I have an A.C that's used for about 5-6 months out of the year and I have a tredmill - in which I get my lazy butt on at least once every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw great post. really good questions. I will soon try to answer once all my hw is done. adiosss

    ReplyDelete