Monday, May 10, 2010

Hw 54- Personal Test...?

ENFP: "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama.


Part 1: I didn't know what the word uncanny meant, so I looked it up. Uncanny according to trendy dictionary app, means beyond the ordinary or normal; extraordinary. I think that a lot of us are a little extraordinary as cliche as that sounds to some extent it is true. I like to write but I can't really see myself being a journalist, but the idea of writing is a cool one.

As for the personality test, I have taken something like this before and have gotten something completely different. So it makes me wonder how accurate these things are. Are they actually analyzing your answers or are they just randomly putting groups of letters together. Because I bet that a lot of people can see themselves writing in the near future.

Part 2: I don't think that alot of teenagers are that concerned with the things that have to do with their future in the long term. Sure we don't mind being told things about ourselves but the percentage of kids that actually give a damn about what is going to happen 20 years down the road must be a small one. I looked a few of my peers and one of them stood out.

One of the students said that the personality test was a waste of time and that it didn't really tell them anything about themselves. Well where did the results come from then? Do the test mean to day that 'this is what you can look forward to?' or 'this is what you will become?' How much can a computer tell you about yourself, so you answer a few questions with answers that have very little variety.

I guess that just sums up Americans even more. We always like things fast and quick paste. If only we could jump to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment