Friday, May 7, 2010

Hw 53 - Compare!

When doing anything personal, there is always a 50/50 split between the crowd of people taking the survey. Some of us jump at the chance to answer questions about ourselves. But then there are the people who shy away from sharing the personal information about us. I would say that I'm in the middle of the spectrum. Though I did not take the survey I had the same feeling of wanting to answer questions about me. But at the same time I had no desire to share my information.


When the results were given out in class, I found that it was interesting to see how many people said that most people like them. We all know about the social imbalance of high school and cliques. It actually didn't bother me to not take the survey, I have had my fair share of surveys to take and this one didn't make it or break it for me.

What I found most interesting was the fact that so many people think that others like them. What occured to me after I put so much thought in to the results was 'how many of them were being honest?' I think that alot of us probably go through a survey in the same manner. We look through 50% of the boring questions and then when we get to the 'interesting' part we buck up and turn to honesty.

I think that comparing things such as surveys, helps us to see things more clesrly and deeper. I think that looking at different things and cross comparing things is a way to kind of 'read between the lines' it makes things so much more interesting
than they were before.

What I think is very interesting about teen surveys is the amount of times any sexual questions come up. I think it says alot about what people see in teens. I think that many adults would agree that most teens only think about sex and are very well versed in anything sexual. To some extent that is right, but they can't really know unless they hand out surveys, but who says we are being honest?

No comments:

Post a Comment