Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hw 11- I'm Not A Scientist, But I Can Get A Degree Online

How the heck are we supposed to do a "digital fast" when all the homework for this class is due online?

Anyway, I didn't watch TV yesterday. Which to be honest was not that hard. I didn't have a burning urge to watch it and I didn't start foaming at the mouth at the thought of not watching TV.

Uh then I tried only using the computer. It wasn't hard either since its the second digital thing I use most, the first being my ipod. I was tired by 12:30, not because its an artificial stimulator but because I was just simply tired. Despite what was said in class.

I don't consider myself to be a very digital teenager. I think that it would be hard to cut digital things out of my life completely because I wouldn't be able to do anything that is considered "anything" in this day and age. Since everything has been converted to being digital, not being digital would cut you off from society...which might not be that bad... Someone told me that cell phones are leaches. They are there so that parents can keep tabs on their children, something to consider.

Technology is boss. No one defies the boss. (I say there should be no boss...cough cough...Anarchy) Its almost as if we have to be digital...or else. We are forced to depend on these things to function and therefore we are labeled the 'dumb generation'

I say that every generation had things that they were dependant on, just these days the things we depend on are rechargeable...not saying we're better but hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment