Monday, October 19, 2009

Feed B- Art?

Anderson,uses his words as art. He paints a picture in your mind but it is strategically set up so that each reader sees it in a different way. For example and adult interpretation would be: damn kids, they are so dumb these days. A teen would say something like: I really want a feed. I believe that Anderson wanted to show how dumb we were because the majority of people reading this book won't get the message until later informed. Which I think is a great technique, kind of like a blanket over the truth so the unveiling makes the point so much more epic.

However I think that Anderson does have a point about saving the large point of the book until the last pages. What I like about his work is that he picked a topic that can be cared about and at the same time brushed off. Writing about teens who depend on technology might not turn alot of heads. But at the same time its waking people up. Writing about a teen tragedy isn't really attractive and the thoughts of "art" don't really come to mind for me.

As for what art is, I think that it is what you make it. It can be both the hammer and the mirror. It makes it so much more fun when one thing can be seen as several different things. There is a much deeper understanding when more interpretations can be pulled because the art touches everyone and there is a mesh of thoughts rather than one great big grey blob of emptiness...

On the terms of being successful I can't really say. I mean how on earth would you judge that?! If I got the point of the book and someone else didn't does that mean that the book was unsuccessful?

In all honesty I don't really care about what my art would say, if Anderson is correct about us then really all we care about is getting something new and shiny. So I figure art wouldn't really interest too many people in our age group.

Anderson is stating the problem, but if the people that read the book can't figure that out then the point of the book/art is pointless. At this point in the game nothing is really going to be done about this whole technology fad. Instead of fighting why not embrace? Would that make us dumb?

No comments:

Post a Comment