Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hw - 38 - To Be or Not To Be?

Well since the holiday of love is coming up, lets focus cool around that. We all know from last year that Americans find someway to milk money out of anyone who has a job, a wallet or parents with a job and wallet. What we don't realize is that Valentines Day forgets about those...other people. You know? The ones not in a couple...

Third Wheel Skit

Characters:

Bob- The star uh... Rugby player. You know he's all 'buff' and not to mention 'brolic' good looking...blah blah blah

Jamie- Bob's girlfriend for a shocking 6 months! Smart and on her way to the honor roll...not there yet

Jennifer- Jamie's best friend since 7th grade, they have gone through everything together...just about everything.

Setting: The rugby field, after practice. Jamie runs to Bob who is smiling waiting for her embrace.

Bob: hey honey, you didn't have to wait for practice to finish

Jamie: Eh, why not? We will end up spending the day together anyway.

Bob: [now hugging her] True, just let me get changed. Can you meet me at the car in about 10 minutes?

Jamie: [kisses him on the cheek] sure thing.

-Meanwhile, Jamie rests on the hood of the car. She greets her friend Jenifer as she walks up to her-

Jamie: Hey, hun what's up?

Jennifer: Hey. I was just in the computer lab finishing my history paper.

Jamie: Sounds like fun. Have any plans tonight?

Jennifer: [shrugs] No,not really.

Jamie: Aw, but it's Friday.

Jennifer: I think I know my days of the week. What are you doing tonight?

Jamie: I think Bob and I are gonna go catch a movie, early v-day treat.

Jennifer: Oh...

Jamie: [readjusts her book bag] Do you wanna come?

Jenifer: Uh, I don't know.

Jamie: Oh, come on it'll be fun! All of us watching a great movie. It's been a while.

Jennifer: I know its been a while, but I don't think you guys want some awkward third wheel hanging around when you guys want some personal time.




1. What insights about cool does the art integrate? What do you hope people will realize or question from their encounter with your art?

This brings me back to the idea of 'contradicting cool'. Because in a way it was nice of Jamie to invite her friend since she didn't really have plans. But it was also cool for Jenifer to decline the offer to give her and her friend's boyfriend some time alone.

I think I want people to realize that cool can be looked at in several different views and that everyone who thinks that there is this supreme cool might just be wasting their time. I want people to question why there are so many different ideas on how and what cool is and why they all are not 'cool'.

2. Describe the process of making the project - how'd you do each step? If it was a group project, what did you contribute?

I knew that I wasn't going to do a video project from the start. I wanted to write something that people could easily relate to or could at least make a connection on. Since V-day is coming up I thought it would be best to do something that had to do with couples...

3. Does making art seem cool to you? Why or why not?

Sure. I like the idea of art, I just don't think that my 'art' is what other people would see as art. The 'universal idea' of art is painting and drawing etc. I would say that making art is cool, because it gives you a chance to express yourself at a different angle with words or pictures or drawings. Artists are cool and hot. But like the contradicting ideas that we all have of cool, they can be applied to any and everything that we have different views on.

No comments:

Post a Comment